Planning a trip to the beach or backyard BBQ? Here are fun, festive inexpensive recipes for refreshing fruity coolers. Beat the heat with a cooler of these delicious summer favorites: sangria, Twisted Tea, Passion Peach Punch and Iced Coffee.
Hands down, there’s no more refreshing, festive beverage that a pitcher of sangria. Easy to make, inexpensive and not over loaded with alcohol, sangria is 4th of July fun with a punch. Here what you need for one gallon of sangria:
- One bottle red wine: merlot, burgundy, zinfandel, cabernat sauvignon, shiraz or pinot noir
- One and one half liter (3/4 of a bottle) of ginger ale
- half of a 12 ounce can lemonade concentrate plus three cups water
- 6 shots Dekupers Triple Sec (orange liqueur)
- one large orange, two medium limes (or four key limes), one lemon, cut into wedges.
- several maraschino cherries (optional)
Blend. Gently squeeze fruit segments to release juice and help them absorb beverage. Chill for several hours.
Ice with slushed triple sec, lemonade or ginger ale ice cubes.
Mix equal parts unsweetened tea, lemonade and ginger ale.
Add one shot vodka or gin 8 ounces of tea mix. Optional: use one 12 ounce can Nestea Sweetened ice tea with lemon, half and half cans of Minute Maid lemonade and Nestea, or powdered sweetened tea with lemon mix. Garnish with a twist of lemon.
- Mango Peach Punch: For a gallon of punch, blend
- 12 ounce can of Dole Orange-Peach-Mango concentrate
- one-two cans water
- 1/2-3/4 2 liter bottle of ginger ale, Squirt or Sprite
- 1/2 fifth of Dekuypers Peach Schnapps
- Garnish with twist of lime or strawberry
Irish Coffee Mudslide: In a blender, ice shaver or slushie maker, add coffee, flavored mocha creamer, Kahlua and Bailey’s Irish Creme. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
For more great recipes, visit me our cooking class blog!